This policy covers website visitors, current and prospective students, and any other user of services through our Sites, including any websites or mobile applications operated by us or on our behalf.
This policy applies to both online and offline collection, storage, processing, and transfer of Personal Information. However, certain University Sites or services may be subject to additional privacy policies (collectively "Additional Policies").
Information We Collect
We collect various types of Information through our Sites and other websites where you can express interest in our services, over the phone, and in person where print materials may be used to collect information from you. Some information is collected automatically through various web and internet technologies, including social networking tools used by the University to foster communication and collaboration among members of our community. Other information is collected when you provide it in response to an advertisement, a survey, or a request for information; apply for admission or financial aid; register for classes; order educational or other products and services; set up a social network or other Site profile; or use one of our career resources, learning assessments, or other interactive tools. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with Information we collect about you.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to others except as provided in this policy. We may collect, use, and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to determine your admissibility and to register you for your selected educational programs
- to provide requested products and services
- to respond to your inquiries and provide customer support
- to administer promotions in which you have indicated an interest
- for our internal marketing purposes, which includes, but is not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that we think may be of interest to you
- for fostering communication and collaboration among members of your University community through social networks
- for sharing with our educational partners or business associates who are performing services on our behalf
- to analyze how sites and services are being accessed and used
- for investigation of information security and information asset protection related incidents
- to test, correct and improve our content, applications and services
- to develop new applications, products, services
- for online behavioral advertising purposes
- to improve site and service performance and delivery
- to prevent potentially illegal activities (including illegal downloading of copyrighted materials in accordance with our Copyright Infringement Policy)
- to investigate suspicious information that denotes illegal activity such as financial aid fraud
- to analyze academic and learning outcomes and preferences
- to analyze risk and business results
- to obtain payment for services that we provide to you
- to provide you with information concerning arrangements and other options for the repayment of funds loaned to you for your education
- to maintain business records for reasonable periods
- to provide educational partners, business associates or unrelated entities in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. In the event of any actual reorganization, merger, or acquisition such information may be transferred as part of the transaction to the acquirer
- and/or as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit, or security requirements applicable to the University, Apollo Education Group, or educational partners or our business associates.
Your Rights and Choices
If you do not wish to receive marketing email communications from us, you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email or other communication, or click here: http://mailout.westerninternationalu.net/webdocs/WIU-Unsubscribe-Email.html.
If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls or mailings, you may express your choice to opt-out by emailing email@example.com.
Under California’s Shine the Light law, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83, we provide California residents the ability to opt out of disclosures to educational partners for direct marketing purposes. To opt out of these disclosures at no cost, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Track and Online Behavioral Advertising
Western International University does not itself respond to web browser-based DNT signals.
We or our business associates may use data collected on this Site for online behavioral advertising purposes, e.g., to customize ads to you on other websites as you browse the web. If you do not want your browsing behavior on the Sites to be collected for online behavioral advertising purposes, visit https://info.evidon.com/pub_info/2688?v=1.
Other Collection, Use, and Disclosure
You may be able to opt-out of our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in other situations subject to applicable contractual, academic, legal or technical restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Information, we may no longer be able to provide certain products or services. For more information on your ability to opt-out, email email@example.com.
Other Important Information
We will take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your information to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We utilize industry standard security measures when accepting your credit card Information during your registration or other transaction you have initiated with us, as well as whenever we ask you to login to any of our sites.
If you subsequently become a student, your educational records are subject to the U.S. Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state laws and University policies.
To obtain a copy of the "Students' Rights to Privacy and Access to Educational Records" policy, click here: http://west.edu/sites/default/files/West-Consumer-Information-Notice.pdf. You may also contact us via one of the below methods:
Phone: (866) 948-4636
Mail: Western International University
Attn: Registrar's Office
1601 W. Fountainhead Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85282