Western International University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (http://hlcommission.org). Since 1984, Western International University has been continually accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor. Western International University obtained its most recent 10-year Reaffirmation of Accreditation in 2012-13. A comprehensive evaluation is scheduled for 2016-17, and the next Reaffirmation of Accreditation is scheduled for 2022-23. For more information about Western International University accreditations and licensures, please visit http://west.edu/why-west/accreditation.html.
For additional information, contact ncahlc.org
Copies for review of Western International University accreditation and licensure may be obtained upon written request to: Office of the President Western International University 1601 W. Fountainhead Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85282
Western International University is licensed by the following state regulatory agency:
- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
Click here (http://west.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2015-2016/Catalog/State-Specific-Requirements) for further State-Specific Information
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
Western International University is an approved institution under the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA), and therefore has reciprocity for approval of distance education with other SARA-approved states.
SARA is an agreement among member states, districts and territories that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state. SARA is overseen by a National Council and administered by four regional education compacts.
For more information visit the National SARA Council www.nc-sara.org, or the Arizona SARA Council www.azsara.arizona.edu.
Western International University holds membership in the following associations or organizations:
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)American Council on Education (ACE)
- Arizona Veterans Programs Association (AVPA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Arizona (ICUA)
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators (NAFSA)
- Pacific Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (PACRAO)
- Professional and Organizational Development Network (POD)
- University Continuing Education Association (UCEA)
- Western Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (WASFAA)